[mythtv-users] Inconsistent edit time line results

Mark Knecht markknecht at gmail.com
Fri May 27 22:35:32 UTC 2005

Hi,
   If someone could help me correctly my language here I'd appreciate
it. What do I call the mode where I'm watching a video, hit the 'e'
key and get a time line showing where the commercial breaks get shown?
I didn't spot the name in Chapter 11 of the online manual. I'm
speaking here about that mode.

   What is causing this results?

1) Alias - "Before the Flood" (1hr) - responds to 'z'. Time line shows
blue and red.

2) Lost - "Exodus" (2hr) - responds to 'z'. Time line shows all blue.

3) House - "Honeymoon" (1hr) - responds to 'z'. Time line shows blue and red.

4) NCIS - "Twilight (1hr) - does not respond to 'z'. Does not respond to 'e'.

I'm at a loss. I cannot get Myth to do commercial flagging on #4 and I
cannot see any red on #2. #2 might be a programming issue when the
scale doesn't make the display of the red pices very large I suppose.
Do others see similar problems?

How can I get NCIS to flag commercials? I'm pretty unclear what
settings in Myth are supposed to make this happen and why things
wouldn't be done on the NCIS recording. At this point I've run
mythcommflag by hand, most probably the wrong way to get it to work,
but none the less the date stamp on the NCIS file has changed so
something's been done to it but I haven't a clue what.

Thanks in advance,
Mark