[mythtv-users] Remain in MPEG-2 but remove commercials?

Adam Egger adam.egger at gmail.com
Fri May 27 16:45:35 UTC 2005

On 5/27/05, Mark Knecht <markknecht at gmail.com> wrote:

>    Is it possible to somehow use transcode to leave my recorded files
> in MPEG-2 format but remove the commercials? Essentially I'd like to
> automate what the Z key does when I'm watching.

Yes, that's what I'm looking for. I'd just like to cut out the
commercials without changing anything else with the source file (like
I've done with VirtualDub on windows years ago).
Is it possible to remove unneeded parts of a recording in a few
seconds/minutes without having to transcode the source file (what
takes ages on my AMD64-3000+)?