[mythtv-users] WHISH-LIST: what I always wanted.

John Williams williamsbyron at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:37:33 UTC 2005

On 5/26/05, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> How did you get the remote to properly learn the IR commands of the
> keyboard?  When I do that with my giant Sony Rm-2100 remote, it works.
>  When I go to use the remote, it gives me 2 keypresses instead of one
> for EVERY command I learned.  Did you do something special?

In my research what I have found for learning a keyboard is to do
sharp taps on the keyboard rather than hold the key as you would on a
standard remote. Keyboards send a press, hold and release message for
each key press so it takes a sharp tap to get them all together as a
single button learn.

 My remote didn't have near enough memory to learn the commands
though, so I had to program it via the JP1. Now i still have a ton of
memory left.

Hope this helps,
John Williams

--
I have plenty of Gmail invites. Ask me if you'd like one. G Mail rocks
for  email lists.