[mythtv-users] Problems ripping some DVDs

Derek Scollon mailing.lists at scotwebsolutions.com
Fri May 27 07:56:57 UTC 2005

I'm having problems playing and ripping some DVDs (some work perfectly).

mtd is reporting...

libdvdread: Using libdvdcss version 1.2.8 for DVD access
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 3492778
libdvdread: Can't seek to block 3492778
libdvdread: Invalid IFO for title 2 (VTS_02_0.IFO).
dvdprobe.o: Can't get video transport for track 3
dvdprobe.o: You have a title in your dvd in a format myth doesn't understand.
dvdprobe.o: Either that, or you haven't installed the dvdinput table.
dvdprobe.o: You probably want to report this to a mailing list or something:
	height = 0
	width = 0
	aspect ratio = (0/0)
	frame rate = 0
	fr_code = 0
	letterboxed = false
	format = unkown

I've no idea what dvdinput table is, but I'm assuming I have it installed, since the mtd output mentions it for other discs with no errors. It's not the disc, since it plays perfectly on a DVD player and in a Windows machine. Xine won't play it either, so I'm assuming it's something to do with how the software on my Linux system decodes the encryption on the disc.

Any ideas how to solve this?

--
Best regards,
Derek