[mythtv-users] WHISH-LIST: what I always wanted.

Meatwad meatwad.get.the.honeys at gmail.com
Fri May 27 02:14:10 UTC 2005

<re-ordered top-posting clusterflub -- get with it ppl>

James Oltman wrote:
 > How did you get the remote to properly learn the IR commands of the
 > keyboard?  When I do that with my giant Sony Rm-2100 remote, it works.
 >  When I go to use the remote, it gives me 2 keypresses instead of one
 > for EVERY command I learned.  Did you do something special?

"Thick client" remotes (eg: Pronto/Marantz, URC/HTM, Sony) which learn
commands from other IR devices can be tricky because of the nature of IR
codes.

Daniel Tonks' excellent writeup on the many different IR learning
methods is at http://www.remotecentral.com/features/irtips.htm

Toggle bits and duck blinds and sunglare, oh my.

I haven't purchased a LiteOn IR keyboard yet so I'm going to take a
guess that the method you used to learn the commands with was
inappropriate for that keyboard.

Every remote manufacturer's training I've attended has referenced this
article and site. Come to think of it, Daniel's site and forums are
regarded as the de facto resource for anything remote related.

--
mw