[mythtv-users] digital cable multiple channels

Mark J. Small msmall at eastlink.ca
Thu May 26 18:39:13 UTC 2005

On May 26, 2005 02:57 pm, Egeekial wrote:
> This is probably a stupid question, but is there any way to watch and
> record two different channels with a single DCT2XXX receiver?

The short answer is no.

The long answer is that on many cable systems, most of the channels that
people actually want to watch are on analog anyway.  So what you can do is
split the cable, send one straight to a tv tuner card for analog channels and
the other to your set top box for analog + digital.

My current backend uses three PVR250 cards. Two of them are fed by DCT-2000
STB's and the third uses straight analog cable.

Mark