[mythtv-users] PVR-150MCE in Australia?

Duncan Kennington zilla at paradise.net.nz
Thu May 26 09:25:52 UTC 2005

I've got a PVR-150MCE (mostly) going in New Zealand:

Relevant module config options (note it is my second card - change the -81-1
to -81-0 if the 150 is your first/only card):

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv

options cx25840 i2c_enable=1 audiofmt=1 no_black_magic=1
#options saa7127 i2c_enable=-1
options msp3400 once=1 simple=1
options wm8775 mixer=2
options tda9887 pal=B
options ivtv ivtv_std=2 tda9887=1 tuner=58 ivtv_debug=0

In a startup script I am also running

ivtvctl -d /dev/video1 -u 1 -f width=720,height=576 -p 2

Input 2 (-p 2) is Composite in on the PVR-150MCE I have.  Hopefully it's the
same for you.  Ivtvctl will be able to tell you, though.

I haven't had any luck with the tuner, though.  I can see static, hear
static (the audio was no mean feat), but never a signal, regardless of what
frequency (including those tested working on a bttv card using xawtv in the
same machine.

Let me know if you have more luck with the tuner than I did.  (Change the
above script to -p 6 for the tuner input).

Regards,
Duncan