[mythtv-users] Re: $80 Air2PC cards (Rev 0.2?)

Blammo blammo.doh at gmail.com
Thu May 26 06:03:21 UTC 2005

> On 5/17/05, Blammo <blammo.doh at gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3761&item=5195966400&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
>
> I went ahead and bought one. I'll let ya'll know how/if it works. I
> emailed back and forth with the vendor who agreed to take it back and
> refund me if it doesn't co-exist peacefully with my existing setup.

Just wanted to follow this up. Vendor was extremely easy to work with,
very knowlegable (you'll see why if you order one) and shipped one out
the door quickyl.

. Rev1 cards have a different "frontend" (Broadcom 3510) which has
only been supported in the last 7-ish days. Once you get it compiled
into the kernel, everything gets happy.

Worth the money, imho.

One Caveat, if you have signal strength problems now, you may not want
to get one of these... they are a little weaker on the RCV side than
the Gen2 cards.