[mythtv-users] Frontend crashes when exiting Watch-TV and Watch Recording

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed May 25 23:40:47 UTC 2005

Sasha Z wrote:

>I'm getting nothing in the logs when it happens, but it doesn't seem
>to happen exactly when I exit the recording. It seems to happen when I
>exit the recording menu after watching a recording.

If you change the recording group in Watch Recordings (using the menu
button) and exit the Watch Recordings screen without going into the list
of recordings (i.e. you stay on the left side of the list and don't push
the right button), it will segfault.  I think this even happens if you
stay on the left, hit play or select, watch the recording, then exit the
Watch Recordings screen.  Could this be what you're seeing?

I admit I've been lazy and haven't looked into it because it's just
easier to push right after changing the recording group  Sorry Myth
devs....  (Note that you can push right, then go back to the left and
exit without a segfault.)

Mike