[mythtv-users] Re: So Close - TV-out on pvr350

Patrick de Brabander [mythtv] mythtv at pdebrabander.nl
Wed May 25 14:03:07 UTC 2005

here is my xorg.conf, which is working. check your settings for PCI bus
and FB.

# XFree86 4 configuration created by pyxf86config

Section "ServerLayout"
	Identifier     "Default Layout"
	Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
	InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Files"
	RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions/nvidia"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions"
	ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
	FontPath     "unix/:7100"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load  "dbe"
	Load  "extmod"
	Load  "glx"
	Load  "record"
	Load  "freetype"
	Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Keyboard0"
	Driver      "kbd"
	Option	    "XkbModel" "pc105"
	Option	    "XkbLayout" "us_intl"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "IMPS/2"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
	Option	    "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
	Option	    "Emulate3Buttons" "yes"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "PAL Monitor"
       HorizSync  30-68
       VertRefresh 50-120
       Mode "720x576"
         DotClock 42.6
         HTimings 720 760 832 944
         VTimings 576 577 580 602
         Flags    "-HSync" "-VSync"
	Endmode
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier  "Hauppauge PVR350"
	Driver      "ivtvdev"
	Option	   "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
#	BusID	   "02:0a:0"
	BusID	   "PCI:2:10:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier "Screen0"
	Device     "Hauppauge PVR350"
	Monitor    "PAL Monitor"
	DefaultDepth    24
	DefaultFbbpp	32
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth   24
		FbBpp	32
		Modes    "720x576"
	EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
	Group        0
	Mode         0666
EndSection

# -------------------------------

gr.

Patrick

> On 5/24/05, Jason Healy <jhealy+mythtv at logn.net> wrote:
>> At 1116905147s since epoch (05/23/05 22:25:47 -0400 UTC), Matt Salerno
>> wrote:
>> > Ok, I got home, first I made sure I could still get the TV out on the
>> > PVR with X running through my video card, and it worked as expected.
>> > Then I tried changing the line in my xorg.conf to read:
>> >
>> > Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
>> > Rather than:
>> > Option "ivtv" "/dev/fb0"
>>
>> I assume you have a correct "BusID" param in that stanza as well?
>>
>> > startx, no luck.
>>
>> Looking at your earlier post, I'm going to assume that "no luck" means
>> that X is starting, but doesn't display anything on the TV.  The logs
>> don't seem to indicate that X is crashing (I'm assuming that signal 11
>> is from you killing the server).
>>
>> You may have a problem with the linux console being tied up by your
>> primary video card.  It happened to me: my built-in video card got
>> /dev/fb0, and the linux console settled on that.  X didn't want to
>> start to a different console, so nothing showed up on the TV, even
>> though X started and didn't post any errors.
>>
>> If this is the case, you can try moving the default console to an
>> "unused" virtual term.  Add this to your /etc/lilo.conf:
>>
>> append="video=vc:64-64"
>>
>> (if there's already an append line, add it to the existing values)
>>
>> Then re-run lilo and reboot.
>>
>> If you'd like, I can send you my entire X config, which uses a TV-350
>> and ignores the built-in VGA video card.
>>
>> Hope that helps,
>>
>> Jason
>>
>> --
>> Jason Healy
>> http://www.logn.net/

> I would love to see a working xorg.conf example.  Another thing I need
> to do is translate your lilo statement into a grub statement.
>
> Thanks.

gr.

patrick