[mythtv-users] Ghost images

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 24 18:19:22 UTC 2005

On 5/24/05, Mike Parkins <mikeparkins at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Very interesting. My tv is a 100Hz Philips CRT widescreen set and might
> need adjusting too I suppose. I also wonder if there is a setting in
> XF86config to improve interlacing...? I have found that twinview makes
> things worse so only have 'TV' and not 'TV, CRT' in 'option
> connectedmonitor' and I also have SVIDEO enabled for extra quality.

I run my frontend on a 100Hz Sony Wega and don't need to deinterlace.
This is using material captured either from DVB source, or from a
PVR350 card from ntl dig cable. This is outputting using either my
PVR350 or the onboard ATI Radeon 9100 TV Out.

It is also possible to use interlaced modelines in X, you can find
examples via Google and probably in the mythtv list archive
http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/.

Nick