[mythtv-users] Ghost images

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue May 24 17:35:10 UTC 2005

On 5/24/05, Mike Parkins <mikeparkins at ntlworld.com> wrote:
> Doh!  I saw the option for de-interlacing but the help text said it
> would improve pictures on progressive displays such as monitors so I
> didn't check it...
>
> 'Bob' seems to work well - scrolling text is readable now, mank thanks.
> Mike.

You don't *always* need to deinterlace an interlaced signal when
watching on an interlaced device (i.e. a TV), but sometimes due to the
way the TV Out chip on the video card works it will give a better
picture with less motion artefacts. When watching on a progressive
display - a computer monitor for example, using a good quality
deinterlacer will improve the picture a lot.

Nick