[mythtv-users] Two MythVideo Questions

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Mon May 23 23:18:55 UTC 2005

I've been playing around with Mythvideo on my Fedora
Core 3 MythTV 18.1 setup. I have two questions:

1. It takes a long (~12 hours) time to transcode a DVD
to Excellent. I'd like the smaller files sizes because
I'd like to store a lot of DVDs, but...at 12 hours a
pop, it'll take forever! Is this a normal amount of
time for this? I have a Athlon XP 2900+ with 512MB of
memory.

2. I managed to get two files into the video database
that do not exist. (I escaped out of the rip screen
and into the play videos screen while it was still
ripping, so I got both the correct filename and the
temporary filename). Now when I enter the video
manager, it tells me the files are missing and asks if
I'd like them deleted. When I say "Yes", it doesn't do
anything. If I try to delete them in the video
manager, it doesn't do it either. Any ideas? Should I
learn how to edit the database directly?

Rob