[mythtv-users] DVB board advice

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 23 17:50:44 UTC 2005

On 5/23/05, Kevin Barsby <kevin.barsby at hummingbird-it.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am changing my (UK based) setup to DVB, it's a big upgrade of kernel
> (to 2.6), drivers (EPIA / ALSA) Myth (to 18.1), etc etc.
>
> The DVB board that seems favourite at the moment is the Avermedia DVB-T
> 716. Has anyone got any feedback on quality / ease of configuration?
>
> It's going into a Hush EPIA-M system, where the Video / audio out is via
> the system board, so all I need is a quality DVB card to get the tv in
> signal.

Not using the Avermedia (Nova-T, 90002 model, 2.6.10 kernel, FC2
backend) but having just gone through the upgrade from 0.16 to 0.18.1
which includes the big DVB improvements (from 0.17), I have to say it
is worth it. DVB seems slicker, and the channel scanning now built
into mythtv is a godsend and should get your system up and running
much quicker than before.

Nick