[mythtv-users] KDE + restarts + desktops

jason bright jaybright at gmail.com
Mon May 23 00:23:59 UTC 2005

Hey there - something that i've just discovered...

I've built a myth box completely following Jarods guide. Works like a charm.

I was having one problem -- every once in a while i would get no
display from MythVideo. I'd select a file and it would start to play.
I'd get the audio but no display.

I finally tracked down the problem. If there is more than one desktop,
when MythVideo launches Mplayer it doesn't get pushed to the front.
MPlayer is running but Myth is still over top of it.

Going into the KDE control panel and changing the desktop settings
from the default 4 desktops back to 1 and things work fine.

THE PROBLEM: If my machine gets a hard reset (the power company seems
to be dropping the ball at least once a week lately), when KDE comes
back up it resets the desktop settings to 4 again. Anybody know how to
make it KEEP the value it's given? The mythbox is a dedicated machine
locked away, so having to go set up a mouse and keyboard to fix it is
a pain.

thx! j