[mythtv-users] Re: So Close - TV-out on pvr350

Matt Salerno vagabondking at gmail.com
Sun May 22 21:26:58 UTC 2005

My apologies, I hit send by accident:

Gentoo Linux
2.6.11-gentoo-r9
Xorg 6.8.2-r1
Myth 0.18.1
ivtv: version 0.2.0 (rc3j)

I compiled the ivtvdev agains the current Xorg source, I have tvout,
but I want to run X out on the pvr350.  I have been going nuts trying
to get this to work.  I know that I am not the only one with this
problem, but I have never seen a post with a solution, just people
asking how to fix this.  Has anyone gotten past this error?

When I Start the X env it dies with the following error:

Using vt 7
        bitsPerPixel=32, depth=24, defaultVisual=TrueColor
        mask: ff0000,ff00,ff, offset: 16,8,0
(EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument
(EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOPAN_DISPLAY: Invalid argument
(EE) IVTVDEV(0): FBIOBLANK: Invalid argument

More information:

xorg.conf:

Section "ServerLayout"
        Identifier  "Hauppauge Layout"
        Screen "Hauppauge Screen"
        InputDevice "Mouse1" "CoreKeyboard"
        InputDevice "Keyboard1" "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier  "NTSC Television on Hauppauge card"
        # D: 34.563 MHz, H: 37.244 kHz, V: 73.897 Hz
        HorizSync   30-68
        VertRefresh 50-120
        Mode "720x480"
                DotClock 34.564
                HTimings 720 752 840 928
                VTimings 480 484 488 504
                Flags "-HSync" "-VSync"
        EndMode
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350, model 990"
        Driver "ivtvdev"
        #Option "fbdev" "/dev/fb0"
        Option "ivtv" "/dev/fb0"
        #BusID "PCI:1:10:0"
        BusID "PCI:3:2:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier  "Hauppauge Screen"
        Device      "Hauppauge WinTV PVR 350, model 990"
        Monitor     "NTSC Television on Hauppauge card"
        DefaultDepth 24
        DefaultFbbpp 32

        Subsection "Display"
                Depth 24