[mythtv-users] Adding a HD to an LVM for a VERY new Linux User

Rob Bongiovi rbongiovi at yahoo.com
Sun May 22 16:49:43 UTC 2005

I'm a very new Linux user feeling my way around.
Following Jarod's guide, I was able to get MythTV up
and running on Fedora Core 3 with a relatively small
amount of problems.

Here's my current one: I picked up a 300GB HD on sale
last week and want to add most (if not all of it) to
the XFS LVM Jarod recommended setting up (as /video).

I had no problems setting up the original LVM in disk
druid while installing FC3. Is there some tool like
that available that will ease my set up of the 300GB
drive and adding it to the /video LVM? If not, is
there a VERY clear tutorial available someplace that
will guide me.

I've searched the archives here and have found some
very recent discussions, but they are talking over my
head (at least until I become more familiar with
Linux).

Thanks!
Rob