[mythtv-users] sound stops in the middle of 1080i (CBS) recording

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Sun May 22 13:17:44 UTC 2005

Byron Poland wrote:
> For the past couple of weeks I've been recording some shows off my
> local CBS affiliate in HD vi a air2pc, a hd3000 and firewire.  In all
> cases at somepoint during playback of the recording, I loose sound.
> Usually what happens, is playback freezes, exits, I restart, and skip
> ahead to where I was in the stream give or tak a few seconds, and the
> video plays fine, just no sound.

I had this problem for a while. Does not even need HD. In my case
it is the recording that is missing the sound. It always happens
after a burst of noise (visual).

This was reported by a few people but it keeps happening. Maybe
0.18.1 has it fixed - I will see.

Then again maybe your case is different. Good luck.

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au) <http://samba.org/eyal/>
	attach .zip as .dat