[mythtv-users] Jarod - Here's Your Chance (AKA - Distro CageMatch)

Marc Tousignant drayson at net1plus.com
Sat May 21 12:11:13 UTC 2005

<CLIP>

>As a test, Ioaded Kanotix64.  Networking via forcedeth is working, all
>disks are accessible (didn't check video) and kernel is 2.6.10 which
>qualifies as >2.6.9.  It's not my hardware.  Very serisously
>considering a re-install......

I'm using Gentoo with Vanilla 2.6.10 patched with DVB and the 2.0 drivers
from pchdtv. So you CAN upgrade you kernel to whatever you want.

My system thou is a Pentium 4 3.2E so I'm not having the problems you
reported. The rest is.
Geforce 5700 FX
PVR-350
HD3000

Both cards and drivers play nice together. I just have not setup my antenna
yet and the QAM scan is not working on Myth for me because my provider is
not sending the PSIP information. I can manually tune channels with azap and
feed them over my network to another pc and watch proving that the QAM
reception works.

PCHDTV reports that the drivers come with 2.6.12. Since you can't get it to
work as is you could unmask and try the mm-sources which at this time is at
2.6.12_rc4-r1. That way you wouldn't have to patch in anything yourself.
Newest vanilla-sources are at 2.6.11.10 so you would still have to patch
yourself.