[mythtv-users] OpenGL vsync problem with 0.18.1?

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Fri May 20 20:02:06 UTC 2005

On Friday 20 May 2005 04:16, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> On Friday 20 May 2005 12:29 am, Robert Tsai wrote:
> > On Fri, May 20, 2005 at 12:04:24AM -0400, Harry Orenstein wrote:
> > > Is it just me or did the configure script change from 0.18 to 0.18.1
> > > so that opengl-vsync no longer configures properly?  It seems that
> > > this line:
> > >
> > > CONFIG_DEFINES="$CONFIG_DEFINES USING_OPENGL_VSYNC"
> > >
> > > is missing so that the define is never set during compilation.
> > > Adding it back allowed me to use opengl-vsync again.
> > >
> > > I haven't seen any other messages about this and it appears to be
> > > the same way in cvs, so I'm guessing either I don't understand
> > > something or maybe nobody else noticed this?
> >
> > Does ./configure --enable-opengl-vsync (or whatever the flag's name)
> > not do the trick for you?
> >
> > --Rob
>
> Thanks for the reply!  Nope.  Check the configure script.  Using
> --enable-opengl-vsync sets the libs (-lGL -lGLU) but does not set the
> defines.  If you check back to version 0.18 it used to also set the
> defines. Once I added the above line to configure it works and uses opengl
> vsync in mythfrontend.  Without the change it uses rtc.

Mah bad. I missed part of one little change. The DEFINES for that should have
been added to libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro.

http://cvs.mythtv.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/mythtv/libs/libmythtv/libmythtv.pro?r1=1.88&r2=1.89

Committing that update to the -fixes branch momentarily...

--
Jarod Wilson
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...