[mythtv-users] downres HD recording in mpeg2 and convert DD5.1 to mp3 ?

Mudit Wahal mwahal at gmail.com
Fri May 20 19:15:28 UTC 2005

Hi,

I'd like to downres the HD recording to a lower bitrate (say 4mbps)
and still keep mpeg2, and also convert from AC3 sound to mp3. I've
several episodes of Yugioh/Pokemon/etc which I'd like to keep them in
dvd like mpeg2 quality and save space at the same time.

I'll be using hauppage media mvp box as a frontend, that only
understands mpeg2 in probably mp3 sound. It cant decode AC3. And
definitely it can't process HD bit rate files.

Thanks
Mudit