[mythtv-users] OT: NUV player for windows (MPEG4 transcoded)

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri May 20 15:28:17 UTC 2005

On 5/20/05, EC <mythtv at magi-tech.com> wrote:
>    Could you let me know what (if any) command line arguments you pass
> to mplayer?  I am very new to it (< week).  It seems to play nearly
> everything I throw at it except for the mpeg4 nuv files.  I get:

in linux, I give it no options at all, it just plays it. Here are the
settings I have included in gentoo, not sure if any of those are
important, but it'll give you an idea of what things are included.

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild   R   ] media-video/mplayer-1.0_pre6-r4  -3dfx +3dnow
-3dnowext +X -aalib +alsa (-altivec) -arts +avi -bidi -cdparanoia
-debug -dga -directfb -divx4linux -doc -dts -dv -dvb +dvd -dvdread
-edl +encode +esd +fbcon -ggi +gif +gtk -i8x0 +ipv6 -jack -joystick
+jpeg -libcaca +lirc -live -lzo +mad -matroska -matrox -mmx -mmxext
+mpeg +mythtv -nas +nls +nvidia +oggvorbis +opengl +oss +png +real
-rtc +samba +sdl +sse -sse2 +svga -tga -theora +truetype +v4l +v4l2
-xanim -xinerama +xmms +xv +xvid -xvmc 0 kB

As for the NUV in windows thing, I got it to work. I installed dsMyth and 3ivx:

dsMyth: http://sourceforge.net/projects/dsmyth/
3ivx: http://www.3ivx.com/download/

that seemed to work, nuv files that contain the transcoded mpeg4
recordings open right up in windows media player, now.