[mythtv-users] Jarod - Here's Your Chance (AKA - Distro Cage
Match)
Jeff Simpson
llcooljeff at gmail.com
Fri May 20 13:30:47 UTC 2005
> > > Now, however, I am unhappy with Gentoo. I have been trying for weeks
> > > to upgrade my kernel so that I can use my new pchdtv3000 card - with
> > > no luck.
What kernel are you currently running, what kernel are you trying to
upgrade to, and what problem does it have?
Also - are you trying to use the TV out on the 350? If not, your
problem gets a lot less difficult, as you don't need to deal with
framebuffer junk
> > > So, here's the challenge (all distros welcome). Get my
> > > already-working-but-can't-move-forward machine working. I want
> > > something like apt-get or ebuilds for the majority of my needs (I
> > > don't mind building cvs where it makes sense). I want my pvr350 to
> > > continue working, my pchdtv3000 to start. I'd like to leverage my
> > > cpu's 63-bit arch, where possible.
> I'm not so sure. I think my hardware may be causing the issue (nVidia
> all over the place and amd64 to boot). I'd be inclined to agree with
> you (not messing with a working system), except the fact of the matter
> is - this system can't grow. I cannot get a pchdtv3000 working b/c I
> can't upgrade the kernel. So, I'll put it back to you - who can make
> myth box work (better than it does, with more H/W) and without me
> having to install tons o' packages (just try catching all the
> mythmusic dependancies)?
What requirements are there on mythmusic that you aren't meeting? I
imagine they are just slight issues with use flags, and maybe the
faad2 issue of the missing header file. Other than that, I think I
have 0.18-r2 working with no hitches on gentoo (not 64 bit, though)
- Jeff
--
email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list