[mythtv-users] Closed captioning support

Bryan Lockwood bryan at lockwoods.us
Fri May 20 12:43:33 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I hope it’s not presumptuous to ask – can anyone provide definitive
information on what hardware and driver combinations do/don’t support Closed
Captioning (both when streaming live TV and when watching pre recorded
video)? I’ve done a lot of googling on the subject, and ended up with a
mishmash of sort-of-conflicting information!

To kick things off, I created a matrix, with lots of unknowns, at HYPERLINK
"http://www.mythtv.info/moin.cgi/CaptureCardMatrix"http://www.mythtv.info/mo
in.cgi/CaptureCardMatrix . I’ll be happy to maintain it based on whatever I
learn from the list, but anyone should feel free to edit it; that’s the wiki
spirit!

I’m very much looking forward to getting my MythTV setup (0.18, ivtv 0.3.4u,
pvr250) off the workbench and into the livingroom, but my ears, they don’t
work so good! So CC is a must here. I wouldn’t mind buying a different tuner
card (would love to try that pvr500 with dual tuners!), or even donating a
few bucks to the coder who can make this work. But, without this information
I’d be shooting in the dark.

Thanks,

Bryan Lockwood