[mythtv-users] VGA to Component on Wega cont.

Cory Papenfuss papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Fri May 20 11:37:37 UTC 2005

On Thu, 19 May 2005, Eric Jensen wrote:

> Had to sign up on the list under another e-mail at home, sorry for
> having to create a new thread.
>
> I made some of the changes that were mentioned in this thread:
>
> When I check my xorg log there is an entry like:
> (II) NVIDIA(0): Not using mode "ATSC-480-60p" (no mode of this name)

 	Look further up in the logfile.  It should say something like "Not
using modeline "ATSC-480-60p": blahblah".... Could be frequencies
(although the monitor ones look fine), dotclock, no interlace, or the
weird nvidia-specific restrictions on integer divisions by 8's in the
syncs.  If the last issue, the logfile is specific about the problem.

 	If you want a D1 480i resolution (same 480i frequencies,
DVD-friendly number of dots), search the archive for 'coryntsci'.  It's
the modeline I use with my modulator doohickey.

-Cory