[mythtv-users] MPEG2 acceleration with PUNDIT-R (9100 IGP)

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed May 18 17:43:40 UTC 2005

On 5/18/05, Xiaotian Sun <sun.xiaotian at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/18/05, vala ki <valaki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  This is exacly why I would like to use hardware acc. so I can sort these
> > problems out.
> >  Btw, a I don't use the TV-OUT on my pundit because I use VGA (uncompareable
> > to tv-out witch is totaly cr at p on the pundit.) so there is no real need to
> > use the fglrx drivers.....
> >

> I use radeon driver come with X.org.  glxgears gives me >1000 fps.
> But I don't think the bottleneck is there.  And what do you mean by
> mpeg2 acceleration?  Hardware decoding of mpeg2?  I don't think
> IGP9100 has this ability.

I'd be very surprised if the hardware doesn't support MPEG2/iDCT
acceleration. If I remember back to the 90's, ATI cards (Rage etc)
always seemed to have "DVD acceleration in hardware", at least using
the Windows drivers/software. Maybe the fglrx drivers so far are not
optimised, but I'd be very surprised if this ability was missing in
the chipset, as now it's quite a basic function.

Nick