[mythtv-users] EPG starts on odd channel

Nick knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Wed May 18 11:52:47 UTC 2005

On 5/18/05, Neale Swinnerton <mythtv-users.spam at isismanor.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When I bring up the EPG via Manage Recordings->Schedule
> Recordings->Program Guide the first row is always channel 42, second row
> is 43, third row is 1. Before I made some channels invisible it had
> 'duff' first two rows (but now channel 702 and 703) and then row 3 was
> channel 1.
>
> Is there any way to make it always come up on channel 1. I looked at the
>  'Channel Starts at' setting in the setup screens, but it doesn't seem
> to make any difference.

Neale,

In Settings -> TV -> Guide, you can specify the start channel for the
guide (page 2). However, depending on how many channels you have
configured the guide to show, you may not see the channel you have
chosen to start with at the very top (I have also got Ch 1 as the
start chan, but I see the last 2 channels of my lineup above it.)
However, the cursor is always focused on the starting channel.

HTH,
Nick