[mythtv-users] UK Top Up TV using NOVA-T DVB

David Watkins watkinshome at gmail.com
Wed May 18 08:01:22 UTC 2005

According to the Hauppauge UK website, on 26th March, 2005

http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=3137

<snip>
It is now possible to get Top Up TV on ALL Hauppauge DVB-T products
[apart from the DEC2000-T ] using a LEGAL subscription and smartcard.

All you need is some free software and a cheap smartcard reader known
as a Phoenix interface:

http://www.divineo.co.uk/cgi-bin/di...lv-phoenix.html

You can not use the standard Hauppauge software or the XP MediaCenter
so you will need a third-party DVB viewing application:
<\snip>

Is anybody doing this with mythtv yet?  If not, I think I've found my
first project.

(FYI Top-up-TV adds 10 channels to the UK freeview DVB package, most
notably E4 and UKTV Gold, at a cost of £7.99 a month)