[mythtv-users] auto transcoding *some* recordings

Jeff Simpson llcooljeff at gmail.com
Wed May 18 00:44:58 UTC 2005

On 5/17/05, Robert Tsai <rtsai1111 at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Tue, May 17, 2005 at 06:24:30PM -0400, Jeff Simpson wrote:
> > Is it possible to set up some recordings (from a PVR-350) to
> > automatically re-transcode, but have that setting not affect the
> > other recordings? Some shows I like to record and transcode so it's
> > easy to put them on a laptop or download them from myself, but
> > others I like to keep full quality and save to dvd.
> >
> > Any idea how to do this? I'm looking through the setup and haven't
> > found anything, yet.
>
> Can't you set up your shows on different recording profiles, and set
> up the recording profiles' "automatically transcode" checkbox?

is that all that needs to be done? I thought there would be options
for HOW to transcode it. From what I can tell:

Recording Profile -> Create New
I type in a name, I pick MPEG2 - PVR as the card type
it then makes me pick one of (Default, Live TV, High Quality, Low
Quality) - I'm not clear as to what this means, so I just pick Default
for now
This section has the option for "Automatically transcode"
I can pick the new size, but under "codec" it doesn't allow me to
change the type to anything but MPEG-2 Hardware Encoder
Same thing on the next page, and then it kicks me back to pick the
type of recording (Default, Live TV, High Quality, Low Quality)

Under the recording profile "transcoder", there are more options for
transcoding, it seems. Can somebody point me at the part I'm missing?
I'm sure it's something simple, probably just in how I'm reading all
this

 - Jeff

--
email me if you want a gmail invite, I have some invites