[mythtv-users] Mythfilldatabase error -- found

Mickey Chandler mickc at whizardries.com
Tue May 17 21:16:31 UTC 2005

At 02:55 PM 5/17/2005, I wrote:
 >DB Error (Creating temporary table):
 >Query was:
 >CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS dd_schedule ( programid char(12),
 >stationid char(12), scheduletime datetime, duration time, repeat bool,
 >stereo bool, subtitled bool, hdtv bool, closecaptioned bool, tvrating
 >char(5), partnumber int, parttotal int, endtime datetime, INDEX progidx
 >(programid) );
 >Driver error was [2/1064]:
 >QMYSQL3: Unable to execute query
 >Database error was:
 >You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to
 >your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'repeat bool,
 >stereo bool, subtitled bool, hdtv bool, closecaptio

I think I found it.  I started running the statement one part at a time,
dropping the table, and then adding a new part.

mysql> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS dd_schedule ( programid
char(12), stationid char(12), scheduletime datetime, duration time, repeat
bool);
ERROR 1064 (42000): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual
that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use
near 'repeat bool)' at line 1
mysql> CREATE TEMPORARY TABLE IF NOT EXISTS dd_schedule ( programid
char(12), stationid char(12), scheduletime datetime, duration time, repeata
bool);
Query OK, 0 rows affected (0.00 sec)

"repeat" appears to be a reserved
word.  <http://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql/en/reserved-words.html>

So, does anyone have any clues on how I might fix this?