[mythtv-users] Re: HD3000 or Air2PC

Tom Dombrosky tbdombrosky at gmail.com
Tue May 17 03:37:52 UTC 2005

> This is interesting. I have not seen any other success stories with
> Air2PC and QAM yet. Can you post more details (what driver version do
> you use, who is your cable provider, QAM64 or QAM256 etc)?

Sure no problem.  I have Cox in northern Virginia.  I'm getting a
couple QAM256 channels (NBC-HD, CBS-HD, FOX-HD, and ABC-HD).  I'm
using the cvs dvb driver (from right when Taylor added QAM support to
the dvb-kernel) patched onto the 2.6.10 kernel.  I have heard of
people having problems with scanning with this card, but after I
submitted my patch to dvb-kernel for the frequencies over 806mhz,
everything went fine from there.

Tom