[mythtv-users] MythTV on Debian

Stef Coene stef.coene at docum.org
Mon May 16 11:15:26 UTC 2005

On Monday 16 May 2005 11:12, vinod kumar wrote:
> hi,
>
>  i want to do install from command prompts. As the guides require me
> to use apt get commands,which would take me days. This is because the
> type of internet connection i have is dail-up.
You have to download something.  If you do apt-get install myth, it will
download all you need in 1 go.

>    Please tell me another way to install mythtv on debian, eventhough its
> tough
You can install from source, but then you still need to download the mythtv
source and all other stuff you need to compile mythtv.
You can download the *deb files on an other computer with a descent internet
conenction and install them with dpkg.

Stef