[mythtv-users] HDTV to DVD w/o decode and encode

Greg Grotsky spikeygg at gmail.com
Sun May 15 20:42:53 UTC 2005

Rob, how are you transcoding your files down?  I've been trying to
figure out how to do this with my system using nuvexport.  Whenever I
try to transcode an HD broadcast to DVD using nuvexport it goes at
like <1fps!  There are some 9million frames, I calculated it would
take several months to make a DVD.  Unacceptable. :)  I have similar
hardware, 90nm 3000+ frontend/backend.  I also tried making a test DVD
from a "Wheel of Fortune" episode using the HowTo on mythtv.info:
http://mythtv.info/moin.cgi/ArchiveRecordingsToDvdHowTo
When the DVD was done I could play it in my computer but not on my DVD player.

I'm lost.  Someone please help.
-Greg