[mythtv-users] More slave woes

Reggie Braswell reggman at gmail.com
Sun May 15 19:13:12 UTC 2005

Finally have slave and master backends talking. My slave is nothing
more than a PIII 1Ghz dual with PVR250. No sound card and no fancy
video card. I can capture video off of the slave with cat /dev/video0
> /tmp/test.mpg and upload that to my master/frontend box and all
looks great (perfect sound and video). I have the slave capture card
setup as pvr250/350 /dev/video0 and tuner as default. Tuner is set for
cable. I successfully recorded two shows last night one on the master
and one on the slave at the same time. Frontend
information/status/tuners shows my master/fe pvr350 as tuner 2 and the
slave pvr250 as tuner 6. The problem I am having now is I can't view
the recordings from the slave. Also if I start recording on the
master/fe 350 and then click on watch TV I am presented with a black
screen for 3 seconds and then it kicks me back into the menus even
though the slaves tuner is showing not recording. My slave 250 is
recording to it's own 100GB hard drive. What am I missing?  Do you
have to take the slaves 100GB drive and NFS mount it to the master/fe
or something of that nature? Thanks Regg

Also this is a pretty good overview reference I saw
http://wiki.cs.uiuc.edu/cs427/MythTV+Architecture+Styles+and+Patterns