[mythtv-users] strange beer theme in mythweb

Anthony Floyd anthonyfloyd at gmail.com
Sun May 15 15:56:16 UTC 2005

On 5/15/05, Philip Nelson <phatfil at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, 15 May 2005 23:33, KvB wrote:
> > I noticed my mythweb returns some 'beer theme' if I connect to it
> > using a webproxy.
>
> > Is this just a joke?
>
> No. It's the Australian translation (settings->mythweb settings->language). It
> helps me and fellow aussies greatly when using mythweb, everything makes much
> more sense.

I must say that when I connected to MythWeb using my PDA and found all
these beer references, I was sure that my machine had been hacked.  It
took a while, and a perusal through CVS to convince me that it was
"standard".  I don't know what it is in the MythWeb code that makes
odd UA's give the Aussie theme, but it's quite unsettling (and
unexpected, and unhelpful).