[mythtv-users] XvMC in preview?

Michael Carland mcarland at bitsgonewild.net
Sat May 14 23:24:28 UTC 2005

Howdy.

I'm running .18 with XvMC (EPIA), mpeg2 all the way through. When I
watch live TV, cpu usage is about 15-20%, and all is well. Live TV in
the EPG and prerecorded TV is the same.

But when I am seeing a video preview under Watch Recordings, cpu is
about 95%, and the preview is very skittery. I assume this is because
the preview video is not using XvMC?

Is this true? Is there another solution? If it is true, is there a
technical reason the preview doesn't use XvMC, or has it just not been
done yet, and is something I could look into fixing?

-Michael