[mythtv-users] Can mythstreamtv view live tv

Jack Trout witmore1 at gmail.com
Sat May 14 17:21:00 UTC 2005

That is one Feature from snapstream that I liked that isnt fully
realized in mythtv. I would love to see MythStreamTV Become an
Officially supported plugin, and the live TV Option, because nothing
shows off your geek factor than channel surfing on a computer and
everyone else is stuck with thier mp3s

On 5/13/05, Dan Goldberg <dan at orca1.com> wrote:

> > The LiveTV feature is sort of 'half baked' for now. You must start
> > recording
> > a program to stream it. I would love to add better support for live TV. If
> > anyone has some ideas on how to implement it please let me know.
> >

> I was thinking that's what it meant by live tv. I wonder how hard it would
> be to do the following: currently, when you click on the program listings in
> mythweb, you get some options such as "record only this showing", etc.
> Perhaps there could be an option such as "send to ring buffer". Then, in the
> mythstreamtv section there could be an option to stream the ring buffer.
>
> Anyway, it's just a thought. It still works to start the recording and
> delete it later.
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> Dan.

-
I have GMAIL Invites Mail me directly for one