[mythtv-users] Pundit-R build problems.

mrwester mrwester at gmail.com
Sat May 14 06:52:37 UTC 2005

> The real problem is the WinTV PVR 150. It doesn't fit. I did a few
> google searches and realized people have been using the Pundit-R for
> frontends rather than backends. I've got the box, what I need to know is
> is there a tuner card that will fit?

As far as processor goes, I don't know if celeron D will work.  I'm
using Intel(r) Celeron(r) Processor 2.6GHz, 400MHz FSB, 128KB Cache
Retail.  http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80547
 with no problems.

 I had a PVR-350 in there, so I think the 150 should fit with a little
forcing.  I had  to bend some metal in order to get things in, but
could close it fine after the card was inside..., and I coated the
inside of the case with duct tape to prevent contact between the card
and the case.

 In fact, I had a 350 and 500mce in mine for a while.  The 350 worked
great, but couldn't get the two to play nice no matter what I did.  I
had to dremel the plastic cone on the cpu fan to fit around the 500,
but all seemed to fit OK.  Moved the 2 cards to my test box and all
was fine- so the test box is becoming the production machine and the
pundit-r will do some office duty...

good luck