[mythtv-users] Possible issue with debian package mythdvd

Robert Wilson rwilson131 at comcast.net
Sat May 14 00:06:26 UTC 2005

I am not sure if this is package related or not, but I can not figure
out exactly how to fix this problem.  After upgrading to the debian
packages for 0.18.  I was no longer able to import a DVD.
After doing some trouble shooting I was able to determine that problem
was related to the mythtranscode daemon (mtd).

if I run mtd -n I get the following output:
mtd -n
main.o: mtd was built without transcode support. It won't do anything.

I have been working the issue as if it was a problem on my end, but I
stumbled across the following in the MythTV Documents that may shed some
light on the subject.

    "In the example below, we have enabled support for transcoding and
    for VCD playing. You may remove these options if you don't need them.

$ cd ~/mythplugins-0.18
$ ./configure --disable-all --enable-mythdvd --enable-transcode --enable-vcd
$ qmake mythplugins.pro
$ make
$ su
# make install"

I have no idea if this is related or not, but I have gone as far as to
remove and reinstall all of myth and mythplugins and I still have the
problem.

I am unsure as the fix, but if anyone has any ideas

Thanks
Robert Wilson
www.wilson-stowe.com/mythtv/installguide