[mythtv-users] How to scale MAME for 16:9?

Bryan Murphy bryan at terralab.com
Fri May 13 20:11:40 UTC 2005

I've had overscan issues with MAME which are not too far removed from
what you are experiencing.  I solved my problems by having MythTV
display the GUI in 640x480 resolution, while running videos at their
appropriate native resolutions (720p, 1080i, 480ip, etc.).  You can
change what resolution the GUI runs in in your appearance settings menu.

I chose 640x480 because it gave me the least overscan and allowed my TV
to control how 4:3 was mapped to the 16:9 format.  My experience has
been that my TV is better at it than myth, mplayer, and mame are by a
long shot. :)

Bryan