[mythtv-users] Installed ATrpm 0.18 and now no Gnome/Metacity
David Whyte
david.whyte at gmail.com
Fri May 13 12:00:39 UTC 2005
Hi,
Remembering that I am a relative linux noob, I was kinda looking for
some help. I did an upgrade from 0.17 to 0.18 last night using
synaptic and found that myth itself was running fine afterwards. For
the upgrade to complete, a whole 39 packages were
upgraded/downloaded/removed or installed.
I started my backend box up tonight (I shut it down as I went to bed
lat night :\) and although everything seemed to boot up fine and I get
the normal FC2 login screen, when I do a login, I get an Xterm session
that looks identical to when I use VNC. Just a terminal window and a
crappy menu thin when I click the desktop. I can start other apps
like gVIM and Mozilla, but it looks crap.
When I log out, I go back to the FC2 login screen and I can select the
session I want, but the only options I get are 'Default System
Session' which is Xterm or 'Failsafe Terminal'. I have checked
boot.log and Xorg.log but there is nothing obvious. Anybody have a
clue whatelse I need to do to reenable metacity/Gnome???
The only error I got when I did the upgrade was as follows, but I just
ignored it...
While installing package mythtv-suite-0.18-52.at:
/sbin/ldconfig: relative path `0' used to build cache
error: %postun(rhythmbox-0.8.3-3.i386) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
warning: /etc/lisarc saved as /etc/lisarc.rpmsave
Thanks for any help,
Whytey - crying like a baby at his broken box :(
--
--
GMAIL is 'da bomb baby....YEAH
I have GMail invites, if you want one, email me direct.
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list