[mythtv-users] broken Fedora qt? (was: What is the correct version of Qt to use on FC3?)

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net
Thu May 12 19:56:24 UTC 2005

On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 02:32:02PM -0400, Donavan Stanley wrote:

> > >It's a redhat specific bug. It will not be fixed in Myth.
> >
> > >Isaac
> >
> > A quick fix for buttons not responding to the enter key is to
> > comment out the 'if (action == "SELECT")'
> > line in void MythPushButton::keyReleaseEvent(QKeyEvent *e)
> > in file mythwidgets.cpp. Around line 980 for me.
>
> Which will cause the release of ANY button to act like the SELECT key
> probably not what you'd want.  Rather than hack up Myth with incorrect
> patches wouldn't it make mor sense to use a non-broken Qt?

Has anyone considered reporting it to bugzilla.redhat.com and post the
bug # here, so that the report can be backed up by all people
affected?

At least the qt mainatiner at Red Hat would be able to shed some light
into this. Looking at the patches Red Hat added to the qt package I
cannot find something obviously affecting keybindings.
--
Axel.Thimm at ATrpms.net