[mythtv-users] PVR350 or PVR150

Ross Campbell ross.campbell at gmail.com
Thu May 12 18:31:03 UTC 2005

On 5/12/05, Jeff Simpson <llcooljeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> > - 350 has a decoder in hardware that help in less CPU use. But will it help in
> > Video quality?

Can't personally vouch for this. but the most versatile solution is to
get a cheap graphics card like an Nvidia FX5200 and use that for video
out. Many motherboards already have hardware accelerated graphics
built in nowadays.

Read the changelog for ivtv-0.3 - http://www.ivtv.tv/releases/ivtv-0.3/ChangeLog

> > - 150 has no remote control, can I use other or buy other one from hauppage

Check the lirc website for more info on IR receivers and IR blasters.
There are a ton of options.

The simplest way to get a working remote IMO is to get an all-in one
IR keyboard and a learning remote and train the remote from your IR
keyboard. This works on any system, and the wireless keyboard with
built-in mouse is great for hacking, as a second remote, or for games.

a wireless keyboard
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16882103402

a universal remote
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16880100254