[mythtv-users] Transcoding existing video

Brian Topping topping at orb.org
Thu May 12 09:25:28 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I just got done ripping some DVDs without compression, thinking that I
could transcode them afterwards, in bulk, while I was sleeping or
something.  I originally thought I could queue them up, but after
looking at the jobqueue table, it appears that it's only usable for
broadcast video.

So at this point, I'm thinking I'll need to call the "base transcode
command" that is listed in the DVD Ripper Settings, but I can't find
that command anywhere.  Any ideas on how to do this?

Thanks!

Brian