[mythtv-users] FC3 and HD3000, Jarod's guide, Axel's kernel

match at ece.utah.edu match at ece.utah.edu
Thu May 12 06:03:36 UTC 2005

Jarod's guide just gets better and better. Thanks Jarod and Axel!

However, in section  10 "Get and install capture card driver(s)" under "DVB capture
cards (Nova-T, Fusion DVB-T, Air2PC, pcHDTV):" he passes the baton to two other
sites, that have write-ups on this subject. One is dated January, the other March.

This is just fine, except in both cases the authors re-compile a new kernel  with DVB
support. I also know that 2.6.12 has DVB support built-in already, and the current
kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 is later than either of the write-ups that Jarod points the
reader to.

Now here's my question: is kernel 2.6.11-1.14_FC3 patched to include DVB
support, or should I follow the other authors' lead and patch/re-compile?

Or might  2.6.12 be a better choice? and if so, what about all the other packages
that Axel has patched to kernel 2.6.11-1.14 level?

Facts? Opinions?

I don't have any problem with re-compiling the kernel, but I have some question
about other (companion) packages.

Marvin Match