[mythtv-users] Pundit - DVI - Samsung HLP
Frostykev
frostykev at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 02:08:12 UTC 2005
Hey Mike,
Are you using the DVI port on your pundit? If so, how
is it labeled/enabled in the config? SVGA2?
Thanks
> With my Pundit and 50inch Samsung I'm not using
>sisctrl at all. I'm just
>using a Modeline I found on the net.
>
>I'm not sure if it's the best solution, and the
screen >will only work in X,
>so you'll get a black screen until X fires up.
>
>ModeLine "1280x720" 74.170 1280 1350 1390 1650 720
725 >730 750 -hsync +vsync
>
>If somebody has a better solution I'm always up to
>trying something new.
>
>--Mike
--- Frostykev <frostykev at yahoo.com> wrote:
> When I purchased the Pundit, I wasn't even thinking
> about DVI-A. I sure hope that its actually a
> digital or Integrated output, not an analog. Should
> be a couple of users on here that know!
>
> Thanks.
>
> Frostykev wrote:
> > I am in the process of loading MythTv on my Asus
> pundit (not R) using
> > the SIS chipset. So far the install is going well.
> The problem is that
> > my samsung is not recognizing the DVI. Using the
> SISCTRL program it
> > looks like the DVI port is an Analog port. Is this
> true? Will an
> > Analog DVI port work with the Samsung HLP's?
>
> I own an HLP, and it works fine with the NVidia
> DVI-I I'm using in -D
> mode. Two things:
>
> (a) It wouldn't surprise me if the Samsung doesn't
> do DVI-A. Never
> quite understood the point of DVI-A; perhaps someone
> can enlighten me.
>
> (b) A DVI-A-only output port is really, really dumb
> and wouldn't make a
> whole lot of sense; I really doubt the SIS works
> this way. I suspect
> the port and the monitor negotiate on a
> mutually-supported protocol
> (either -D or -A). The SISCTRL program may simply be
> indicating the
> mode it's in currently. There may be a way to force
> it into a
> particular mode.
>
> Cheers,
> Kyle
> _______________________________________________
> mythtv-users mailing list
> mythtv-users at mythtv.org
>
http://mythtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/mythtv-users
>
>
>
>
> ---------------------------------
> Yahoo! Mail Mobile
> Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your
> mobile phone.
Yahoo! Mail
Stay connected, organized, and protected. Take the tour:
http://tour.mail.yahoo.com/mailtour.html
More information about the mythtv-users
mailing list