[mythtv-users] Kaleidescape

Donavan Stanley geckofiend at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:27:04 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, James Oltman <cnlibmyth at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am already using Xine in MythVideo and it works well.  I don't know
> how to remap some keys but that comes later.  I didn't think that Xine
> could play straight ISO files.  I have tried it  but it errors out
> (not sure exactly cuz I am at work now).

You need to create a script that mounts the iso and launches xine.
Such a thing would be a good thing to add to contrib I guess.

> As far as unaltered MPEG2 files from DVD goes, what about DVDs that
> are of a TV show?  Let's say I have a full season of Star Trek on DVD,
> how does the ripping feature handle this?

You can rip multiple titles from the same DVD at once...  Just pick
the titles you want to rip and go.

> I don't think there is an automatic lookup of synopsis and cover art
> for a ripped DVD.  Is that a plan for the future?  How do I add
> coverart and synopsis info to my videos in MythVideo?  Thanks.

That's why I asked if you'd used MythVideo.  If you hit "MENU" in the
video manager there's an option for IMDB lookup that will pull down
the movie poster/cover art and metadata for your videos.