[mythtv-users] PVR-500 only got statics

Brian Meehan emt244671 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:07:03 UTC 2005

Xiao,

I had to roll back to Axel's 2.6.10 kernel, as the 2.6.11 kernel
didn't have the appropriate tuner modules. I also found that the
msp3400 gave me bad sound, so I removed that. In the end, I just had
the lines that Jarod's guide suggests:

alias char-major-81 videodev
alias char-major-81-1 ivtv
alias char-major-81-2 ivtv
alias tveeprom tveeprom-ivtv  <-- not sure if I took this one out or not.
options cx25840 no_black_magic=1
alias tuner tuner-ivtv