[mythtv-users] Hardware Platforms

Ken Mink kmmyth at gmail.com
Tue May 10 19:03:50 UTC 2005

On 5/10/05, gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman) <glandix at lloydnet.org> wrote:
> Anil Gupte wrote:
> > My project to create my own MythTV box has run into some trouble from
> > the boss.  My wife does not want a big ugly computer next to the TV.
> > Any suggestions on manufacturers of boxes that look good?
>
> i love my silverstone ... matches the rest of my home theatre equipment
> very well ... http://lloydnet.org/Gallery/CaseUpgrade (pix aren't the
> greatest, but it's the black thing on the bottom w/ the blue light in
> the last 3 pix)
>
> -g-

+1 for Silverstone.

I have the very same case and love it. It looks sharp and not out
place in the entertainment center. That front blue LED is BRIGHT,
though.

I bought it and their silent power supply from
PCAlchemy(www.pcalchemy.com). I also went with a Samsung SpinPoint HD
and quiet Arctic Cooling CPU fan. The whole rig is very quiet. I'm
really happy with it.