[mythtv-users] LiveTV no longer fullscreen (0.18)

R.Goff gumby at leemingwireless.net
Tue May 10 13:08:38 UTC 2005

Hi,

Ive just upgraded to 0.18, and now myth-tv refuses to run in fullscreen
properly. Live TV appears in a window, despite it being set as
fullscreen, and the window has been shifted up and to the left.

My lcd panel is a 15:9 (1280x768) aspect ratio, so the 16:9 video data
wont match up correctly, but 0.17 would stretch the video to fit.

The only way to get fullscreen in livetv is to set the GUI offset in
Appearance settings to some value (ive left the GUI X Offset at 1 for
now) and check 'Use GUI settings for tv playback' on the same settings
screen. This then makes the GUI non-fullscreen, and you can see the
window border when the frontend starts up. Once you watch live-tv
though, it changes to fullscreen, and then once you exit, the GUI is
changed to fullscreen.

So I can get fullscreen, but only after entering livetv and then exiting
again.

Does anyone else have this problem? The video source is DVB-T using TS mode.

Any suggestions appreciated,

Raal